Welcome to Boston Playwrights' Theatre's Submittable guidelines for Boston Theater Marathon XXI, which takes place on May 19, 2019. Here you can upload your (one or two!) play submission between September 15 and November 15, 2018. Prior productions are acceptable, but your play(s) must be new to the BTM. You must have a permanent address in New England.
See the full requirements below (click on "More"). They're on the next page too, so don't worry. Good luck!
- All scripts must play under 10 minutes.
- Ten pages maximum. IF YOUR PLAY IS MORE THAN 10 PAGES LONG, IT WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR THE FESTIVAL.
- Please use a 10-point font or larger.
- No more than two submissions per author. "Two" includes co-authored pieces. Each play is submitted separately. Do not combine plays in one document.
- Minimal sets and props suggested.
- Submissions will be accepted from New England-area playwrights only. Only permanent residents in New England and/or those who have a New England mailing address are eligible.
- There are no restrictions on subject matter.
- Scripts must be typewritten in accepted playwriting format (see Samuel French guidelines).
- Please put the title somewhere on the first page, but no author name or identifying information in the uploaded document (see next item).
- NO NAMES PLEASE. Only indicate the title of the play on the first page of the text—nowhere acknowledge the author’s identity (this includes headers and footers). This is a blind submission. Your identifying information will be tracked by Submittable.
- Please include a brief synopsis (100 words) and a character breakdown (include gender, race, and age only if it suggests a casting requirement). You will be prompted to do so before uploading your play. Do not include it in the play document. This synopsis is for internal use only and may be edited for content.
- All submissions must be submitted by 11:59 pm, November 15.
- Please DO NOT call or e-mail us to check the status of your submission(s).
- There is no fee to submit your one or two plays.